Wednesday, April 29, 2009

buntings and spring challenges

Uhoh, have been remiss again. Also not much to write about. Mike, Daniel and I went skidoing one evening after work.
The light was flat which made it difficult to see the trail and cracks in the ice. Spring break up kind of freaks me out, skidoing over large cracks and tidal pools during high tide. But this time (compared to earlier last year) it seemed the cracks weren't as large and we didn't have to cross tidal pools.
Later on the same outing, the girlie in me rose up and squealed, grimaced, and all reasoning was abandoned.
What you ask?
Having toured the bay we arrived back on land at Apex ventured up'n over the hills. The alarming girlie bit was when Mike and Daniel disappeared over a hill.
I'm not that into amusement parks, I don't go on roller coasters...just too scary! No choices here, now. I can't deke outta the line! If anyone had been watching me they would have been in stitches. Abject terror overcame reason but down I went, straight down! Before I knew it we had arrived safely to the top of the other side.

In other exciting news; the snow bunting has returned! This is a sure sign of spring, their cheerful chipping and chirping and flitting through the air add a welcome element to the skies.

Here is my so-brand-new-it's- being-modelled-on-the-steps-of-the-woman-who-made-it-for-me parka! Wonderfully warm and beautifully rendered and most importantly, it is very feminine. Ahh! you can be a woman and be warm in the arctic!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW! very pretty. Is all that fur on the coat or is some on the cuffs of your mittens?

bea's blog said...

Hei!
This looks really pretty and you can indeed feel like a woman in this parka!!!
We have an off day tomorrow and will enjoy it. After a big thunderstorm last night, the sun is back here and the lilacs sure are smelling wonderful!!!
Europeans Greetings from
Beatrice

Shelley said...

thank you indigo, the mittens are rimmed with coyote, the coat; silver fox.